'Links' browser colors in Cygwin

Duke Normandin 01031149@3web.net
Mon May 14 12:12:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 01:32:37PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 07:54:21AM +0100, Sagar R. Shah wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 May 2001, Duke Normandin wrote:
> > > In the 'Links' manual, there is a section called "Colours", which
> > > describes the 'named' and 'numeric' colors supported. When I view the
> > > "colours" page from 'Links' the colors table renders as follows:
> [...]
> >
> > I get:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > which is an improvement on what you see, but not perfect.
>
> FYI that manual is for Links 0.80.  Later versions disallow some color
> combinations that are not very readable (like dark blue on black).
>
> Marius Gedminas

I'm running version 0.83. I'm not aware of a more recent version for
Cygwin in the precompiled binary form. I can see disallowing some color
combos -- but my setup is simply NOT displaying certain colors that I
think ought to be displayed, especially given that Mutt has no problem
displaying the colors that _it_ supports. So I've been working the
"process-of-elimination" deal to find the problem. Thanks for your
thoughts. Later...
--
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada