Thanks for cygwin's setup.exe -- and a suggestion

Christopher Lott lott@research.telcordia.com
Thu May 17 07:22:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

Thanks for taking the trouble to make it easy to download precompiled
versions of the GNU packages for win32 boxes.  My machine died earlier
this week and I had to reload everything.  I used the cygwin setup.exe
utility to get things like bash, fileutils, shellutils, etc.  It
worked pretty well.

I have just one suggestion.  Would you please add a button the
setup.exe window that would de-select all of the packages? I.e., set
all of them to "skip".  Then someone like me who wants just a few
selected things could go through and turn ON what should be installed,
rather than turning OFF all the many things that should not be installed.
Because I did things wrong a few times (my fault of course), I had to
run down the list turning everything off too many times.

Thanks for listening.

chris...
--
Christopher Lott    lott@research.telcordia.com    +1 (973) 829-2149
Telcordia Technologies, MCC 1C-345B, 445 South St, Morristown NJ 07960