More inetd stuff

jeremy greiner jeremy@win1.net
Mon May 21 08:40:00 GMT 2001

I have seen alot of inetd traffic just recently and I waited for a
conclusion before I asked my question (just in case it already got
answered :) unfortunaly it did not and I cou;dn't find anything in
the mail archives... well here goes:
I installed inetd as a server (inetd --install-as service)
made sure cygwin1.dll was in my path.
made sure all my mounts points were system wide (they were).
I read the readme. /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README
I set the reg key ([hklm]\software\Cygnus Solutions\cygwin\program
options) and added the key
C:\cygwin\usr\bin\inetd.exe  RG_SZ  binmode tty ntsec

I don't understand what I am supposed to set the CYGWIN variable
too there is not cygwin variable on my machine at all..  I am
running release 1.3.1 (updated last friday) .. any rate the I
start the service
net start inetd
The CYGWIN inetd service is starting.
The CYGWIN inetd service was started successfully.

nothing works ..
when I check the event viewer there are 2 msgs refering to Inetd.
Information
    source = inetd
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( inetd ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: inetd :
Win32 Process Id = 0x1E8 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x1E8 : `inetd'
service started.

Then after it
Error
   Source : Cygwin
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Cygwin ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: service:
No such file or directory.

I tried rebooting (severaly times)
any help on this would be really apreachiated.
-jeremy