Cygwin Setup 2.54

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat May 26 18:22:00 GMT 2001

"Fred T. Hamster" wrote:
>   is the official installation process now involving a bunch of registry
> edits before cygwin can be installed again, or is this setup program
> actually quite busted?

It appears that the new setup program is not operating correctly for
SOME users.  This may be because setup itself is broken, or because the
affected users have some wierdness in their local machine.

In my case, I just used the new setup.exe to update a pre-existing
install (that is, I used it to install the most recent inetutils,
openssh, and python packages -- I already had older versions of those
packages installed).

It worked flawlessly.

--Chuck