Possible bug? Re: Strange behaviour when closing cygwin

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Wed May 30 06:46:00 GMT 2001

Lee wrote:

> > Lee wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm running the latest releases of everything I need. Although what
> > I'm
> > > experiencing is not a mojor problem, it is somewhat annoying. When I
> > goto
> > > close cygwin with ctrl-d, sometimes I get a message saying "Terminate
> > > Batch Process Y/N" as if I'd pressed ctrl-c during a batch file
> > > run. This happens on my 98 box as well as my 2000 box. It makes no
> > > difference whether I press Y or N as the ejnd result is that I have
> > > closed cygwin.
> > >
> > > Anyone know how to stop windows from asking me whether I want to
> > terminate
> > the batch process or not?
> >

> > Hmm...  Do you have extra lines after the bash line in the cygwin.bat
> > file?
> >
> > --
> > Earnie.
>
> I just tried your suggestion but my cygwin.bat file only contains:
>
> @echo off
> cd\cygwin\bin
> bash --login -i
>
> with no extra lines trailing. However, I have had some success in finding
> a cause. It seems that whenever I use ctrl-c at any time during the use of
> cygwin, eg. I run a find from root and halfway I press ctrl-c to cancel
> it. Once pressed the key sequence seems to get stored and is only
> processed by the dos shell when I leave cygwin which could be a number of
> hours later. If ctrl-c is pressed for any reason during the use of cygwin
> I will allways get the message "Terminate batch job (Y/N)?", which is why
> I thought it was intermittant. Not sure whats going on here. Could cygwin
> be stroring the ctrl-c sequence and sending it to the dos shell on
> exit? The message I get is the same one you get when trying to stop a
> batch file halfway through processing.

Interesting.  Have you tried a recent snapshot to see if the problem is
fixed?  If not perhaps there is work to be done to squash a bug.

> Can anyone else reproduce this or is it just me? It happens on both my
> machines which are running 98 and 2000.

I don't but then I'm using rxvt on NT4 and always exit the DOS command
shell by using the `start' command to start rxvt so that the DOS command
shell isn't taking up process space.

--
Earnie.