HTML-Parser-3.25 fails t/filter.1 on cygwin

david@carter.net david@carter.net
Wed May 30 08:45:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Gisle Aas wrote:

> Can you try to figure out what is actually different from what is in
> $HTML variable?
>
> Is there some special binmode() issues on cygwin?

It looks like this is a binmode problem. I'm suddenly getting failed tests for some GNU packages, OpenSSL, and several Perl modules, mostly while trying to cmp various test files.

Debugging the HTML::Parser test above showed that the in-memory string $HTML contained only ascii 10's at line-end, while the string read back from disk ($FILTERED) had the 13/10 combination.

Cygwin list - any ideas? I've installed previous versions of HTML::Parser with no problems. I upgraded to the most recent released version of cygwin yesterday.

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 DCARTER 1.3.2(0.39/3/2) 2001-05-20 23:28 i686 unknown

$ mount
d:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
d:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
d:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (textmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type user (textmode,noumount)

Thanks for any suggestions.
---
David Carter
david@carter.net