cygrunsrv fails to start

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu May 31 08:56:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 07:59:16AM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> I don't think that I see any actual dependencies. Do you suspect any?

TCP/IP?

> 1) How do I build cygrunsrv? (configure and make instructions...and I saw a
> fill in the blank in the make file)

Huh? Just call make. Why didn't you just try it before asking?

> 2) When the SCM autostarts a service, does it also use start_service? Or is
> there other code involved when the system starts the service at boot-up?

Dunno.

http://msdn.microsoft.com

http://msdn.microsoft.com

> 7) Is there any problem with adding some syslog_starterr calls to mark
> success also to see how far it gets at startup? (ie will this cause any
> undesired interactions with being a service?)

Only if the timing is bad. Call `report_service_status ();' as often
as possible.

BTW, this is a mailing list, not a private correspondence. I don't
want to step on your feet but I would really really prefer that
you don't address me personally. The mailing list is read by several
hundred people and all of them could have some valuable comment
on that stuff. I can't and I don't want to answer all questions
and it doesn't raise my attendance to be addresses in 90% of the
mails related to ssh.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.