Lynx terminal errors

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Wed Nov 7 07:35:00 GMT 2001

At 09:47 AM 11/7/2001, rotaiv wrote:
>I'm new to cygwin so forgive if these questions are basic.
>
>I was having problems getting lynx to work and I finally fixed it by installing the following packages:
>
>libncurses5
>libncurses6
>ncurses
>termcap
>terminfo
>
>Can someone explain what each of this packages are and why I needed them for lynx?  Also, do I need all of them?  Which ones could I uninstall?  I tried several combinations but I have not been able to figure out the minimal packages needed for lynx.

With the upcoming release of the newest setup, you won't need to know
the answers to these questions.  Setup will take care of it for you.
If you're brave, see the email archives for cygwin and cygwin-apps for
information on how you can give this upcoming version a try on your
system.  If you're not so adventurous, you'll have to wait until the
new setup is released.  It should be "real soon now" (TM). ;-)