new site for my ports is up

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001

Hallo Christopher,

2001-11-14 22:39:11, du schriebst:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 03:44:07PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still uploading, at the end there will be all this stuff there:
>>
>>> cygwin/cygipc:
>>> total 83
>>> -rwxrwxrwx    1 544         83134 Oct 10 14:45 cygipc-1.10-1.tar.bz2
>>> -rwxrwxrwx    1 544           753 Nov 14 18:38 index.html
>>>

>>cygipc is GPL.  Where's the source?
>>
>>2nd question: do these packages install into /usr (bad) or into
>>/usr/local (good)?  Only official ports -- those distributed by the
>>cygwin mirror system and setup -- should live in /usr.

> Another question:  Why a separate site?  Why not avoid the confusion and
> submit the packages to the main release?

Okidoki, every package that gets in the dist will be removed from this site.
I think I will have to repack all of them, but that is no problem though it
will last some days.
Some needs to be rebuilt then too.

BTW, is it possible to introduce a new path like '/opt' e.g. for Apache, or
should it better go in /usr/apache, /usr/mysql ...?

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328