tetex-beta nitpicking [WAS: Re: no more package moratorium?]

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke@gnu.org
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001

Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:

> Okay, now this sounds like lilypond is using a modified *cygwin*
> setup.exe.

Yes.  There was a moratorium on packages, so to get cygwin's setup.exe
to download and install the precompiled lilypond tarball (and guile,
and an out-of-the-box-working tex), there was no choice but use a
modified version.

> Does lilypond distribute it's own version of MiKTeX, using the cygwin
> setup.exe to do the installation (of the custom MikTeX, and the lilypond
> stuff)?

Yes, indeed, that's it.  I think there have been attempts to fix
tetex-beta, to work right out of the box, but up till now, no-one has
successfully done this and contributed it.  So, we continue to include
miktex...

> Geez.  I started out trying to clarify the issue, and ended up confusing
> myself.

:-)

Jan.

--