few more questions

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001

Hallo Gokhan,

Am 2001-11-18 um 23:40 schriebst du:

> 1) I am running tcsh now and I am using Win98 (I know this might be the
> But it doesn't work. Do you know a solution for this, most of the other
> bindings that used to use on my unix box works fine though.

Sorry, I don't use tcsh, I just know how to invoke it.

> 2) The shell hangs if I do the following;

Which shell?  I suggest to use rxvt instead of command.com.

> 3) My Microsoft compiler is installed under;

> set VISUALC = 'C:/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Visual\ Studio/VC98'

> However, none of the Makefile utilities (make, jam) were able
> to process this path due to the space characters in it, I tried using the
> single quotes etc, but I couldn't get it to work.

Spaces in PATHS are a bad invention.

> So, do you know why this is happening or can you suggest me another way? is
> the only solution to reinstall the compiler on a different path?!?

Try to use mount.  Start with 'mount --help'.  There is lot of information
about mount in the user guide at cygwin.com, and also in the ML archives.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--