recent cygwin update changed $HOME

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001


At 03:02 PM 11/18/2001, Garrett Anderson wrote:
>[ apologies if this has already been discussed ]


No apologies necessary.  Just check the email archives for the answer.
It was discussed within the last week.  Searching for "HOME" and "bash" 
should get you a pointer to the pertinent discussions quickly enough.



>Hello --
>
>Up until recent cygwin update, the " virtual root" for cygwin environment was under "/cygdrive/c/cygwin/".   Thus, the cygwin environment read the "/cygwin/c/cygwin/etc/passwd" file for shell and $HOME.  
>
>After recent update:   the "root" has changed to "/cygdrive/c"
>
>Why did this happen and how do I change this to previous??    I have gratuitous shell script / apps / etc. that depend on previous "virtual root".    I assume this can now be set via some init. parameter (in bash??).
>
>Please advise -- and why the change??  Thanks -GA
>
>
>--
>Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
>Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list