Parallel port device in cygwin
Tony Arnold
tony.arnold@man.ac.uk
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001
I've been trying out Luke Bakken's port of LPRng with a local printer
connected to the parallel port. In the printcap file, I've tried setting the
device name to PRN, but lpd objects to it being non absolute path name, I also
tried setting it to /PRN, but that seems to cause lpd to hang. Luke suggests
cygwin needs the LPT1 port available as a /dev/lpxx simulated device, but I'm
wondering if there is another way, such as symlink from /dev/lp to PRN?
Thoughts and comments welcome.
Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
E-mail: tony.arnold@man.ac.uk, Home: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list