Machine-specific performance problem

Glenn Proctor glenn@docproc.com
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001

Hi

I'm using cygwin to develop a system which is about to go live. Everything
works fine, but one of the machines - unfortunately the production one -
seems much slower than the others I've tried it on.

The problem machine runs NT, and has a 1.2Ghz processor and 1Gb of RAM. It
runs cygwin tools (both interactively and in scripts) at around one-fifth
to one-tenth of the speed of my development machine, which has a 600Mhz
processor and 256Mb of RAM.

There are various other differences between the machines - installed
applications, drive partitioning etc.

My problem is that I don't really know where do start diagnosing the
problem - has anyone else seen this disparity, and if so, what was it
caused by?

Thanks in advance

Glenn.