indent.exe strangeness

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: indent.exe strangeness

> Hallo Robert,
>
> 2001-11-15 12:14:29, du schriebst:
> >> Actually if you add /usr/lib/automode.o it might just cause this to
be
> >> a non-issue.
>
> > Won't this do the wrong thing on text mode mounts? (ie write in
binary
> > not text mode).

...> automode.o linked in causes that every output file is in binmode,
but
> then it works without additional ^M's for every kind of file.
>
> That is how Robert said the wrong thing here.

Uhmm I said "write in binary mode" and thats what you just said "output
file is in binmode". I don't understand where I was wrong.

> What about a patch that would fopen() every file in binmode and write
it
> back according to the mount?

I think that textmode.o is the correct tool rather than a patch - read
every file in textmode (they are source after all :]) and write in
textmode.

Rob