installing imagemagick
Gerrit P. Haase
freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Tue Nov 13 17:22:00 GMT 2001
Hallo paul,
2001-11-20 22:21:00, du schriebst:
> Hi:
> Could you pl help me a little bit? I have been trying to install
> imagemagick under cygwin. I put ImageMagick-5_4_0_5_tar.gz in the home
> directory of cygwin. Then according to the information on ImageMagick web
> page, I did the commands:
> gzip -dc ImageMagick-5_4_0_5_tar.gz | tar xvf-
> cd ImageMagick-5_4_0
> ./configure
> Up to here, everything went well. But I did not find any exe files such as
> convert.exe, display.exe, morgify.exe......... to run. According to the
> information on the ImageMagick, make command is not supposed to use. Is it?
> (I noticed that make command does not work!) Could you pl tell where is the
> problem or how can I test the installation? I appreciate your time.
Sounds strange, 'normally' after ./configure you need to compile the
configured source.
make reads the Makefile and there are the calls to the compiler.
I have built ImageMagick a while ago and there was everything 'normal'.
Maybe the built process should be started out of configure but that isn't
normal behaviour.
Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH http://www.convey.de/
VitalisstraÃe 326-328
Gerrit P. Haase D-50933 Köln
gerrit.haase@convey.de Fon: ++49 221 6903922
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list