path suggestion needed

Sharmin Kabir sharminkabir@hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:12:00 GMT 2001

Hello,
I installed cygwin in windows 98. But I am confused, because without setting
any path, I got the bash commands work at the bash prompt! Could you pl tell
me about Whether I need to put the path or not, where to put the path????

I saw the following line in profile in cygwin/etc folder.

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH"

Do I also need to set the path
SET PATH=C:\CYGWIN\BIN;%PATH%
SET HOME=C:\CYGWIN\HOME\MATH
SET CYGWIN=tty binmode
in  autoexec.bat/ cygwin .bat file????  If yes, where it should be? In
autoexec.bat or cygwin.bat or profile? How can I test the installation is
right? Is there any command to test it.

Sharmin