New feature in cygwin snapshot

tony.arnold@man.ac.uk tony.arnold@man.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 14:08:00 GMT 2001

Chris,

This is an excellent improvement. Many thanks. Is it possible to extend this
kind of functionality to the //./ syntax so that an ls //./ would show all
the Posix style physical devices that are available?

Regards,
Tony.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:47:15PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've recently augmented the /cygdrive abilities of cygwin.
>
> It is now possible to do this:
>
>     bash$ ls /cygdrive
>     a  c  d
>
> or even this:
>
>     bash$ cd /cygdrive
>     bash$ ls
>     a  c  d
>
> Command completion from shells should also work.
>
> Currently all of the above is short-circuited if your cygdrive is set to
> '/', however.  Cygwin currently assumes that it has complete control of
> the directory name which is being used as a cygdrive prefix and that is
> obviously not true if you have changed your cygdrive prefix to '/'.
>
> This functionality is available in the latest snapshot.
>
> FYI,
> cgf
>
> --

Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
E-mail: tony.arnold@man.ac.uk, Home: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold