Rsync 2.4.6 with Cygwin 1.3.5 in daemon mode

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Mon Nov 26 17:32:00 GMT 2001

"Jha, Sanjeev" wrote:

> Thanks for reply. Few minutes before I found something strange in "event
> Viewer". Its telling me "Not owner". Well I logged in as myself and I have
> administrator privileges and when I start "CYGWIN", I get the prompt like
> this
>         Administrator@WUS ~
>         $
> Event Viewer error message is as below :-
> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( rsyncd ) cannot be found. The
> local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
> DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
> information is part of the event: rsyncd : Win32 Process Id = 0x884 : Cygwin
> Process Id = 0x884 : starting service `rsyncd' failed: execv: 1, Not owner.
>
> Thanks again.
> -Sanjeev

It doesn't remember nothing to me right now... (please post to the mailing list,
so that everyone can attemp to respond to your queries).

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)