Newby porting questions

Rob europax@home.com
Mon Oct 1 17:32:00 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I just installed Cygwin for the first time this weekend and was very
impressed.  I originally did it so I might be able to let Windows users
be able to use the Animabob 3d viz program.  I use it for EM Simulations
and it works very well, but only in Unix or Linux.

I tried compiling it and it seems to not be able to find a number of
standard headers, e.g. stdarg.h.  I am also getting upon linking error
messages relating to various Xm widgets that it can't find.  I did
install the LessTif package, and tried to hack my Imake.h file to point
to the right locations.

Are there any porters tutorials anywhere on the web?  Also, if anyone is
interested, I can send the output from "make build".      Thanks,  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.members.home.net/europax