Making a MTS DLL with gcc

Guillaume Estival guillaume.estival@illico.fr
Mon Oct 8 09:07:00 GMT 2001

Hello.

First of all, please excuse for my _bad_ english.

Actually, I use a Visual Basic DLL for MTS to do
some computation for an ASP web site, linked to
a MSSQL server, and in the future, a PGSQL one.
VB Code don't really have a good memory system (uh,
well, yes, it's all windows, but it's another
problem ;)), I try to find another solution, more
reliable, more faster and using less memory than a
VB DLL.

I'm familiar with Linux systems, so I try to find
some GCC solutions to do the job. With cygwin,
I learn it is possible to do some DLL, but it's
not easy. By the way, I have successfully compiled
the DLL example of the user manual. Good. I can
make DLL with GCC.

But this example is designed to do some EXE libraries,
and I found nothing about MTS and GCC in both google
or your mailing lists.

The question is: Can I make a MTS DLL with gcc?
(I found the unixODBC driver, so I can access the
database with this. the remaining problem is the
MTS DLL type needed by IIS)

Thanks in advance.
--
Guillaume Estival