Numpy and NumTut

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Wed Oct 10 17:25:00 GMT 2001

Vu,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:26:30PM -0500, Vu, Bao wrote:
> I notice that cygwin does not include Numpy and NumTut in python.  Will you
> consider to include Numpy and NumTut in with python in the next version of
> cygwin?

I consider nonstandard extensions to be separate from core Python.  Hence,
IMO, I feel that they should be distributed as a separate package that is
dependent on the Cygwin Python package.

I'm sorry but since I don't use Numpy and NumTut, I have little motivation
to contribute these to the standard Cygwin distribution.  However, you
are encouraged to follow Mark's advise to build them yourself and then
contribute them to Cygwin.  Additionally, I'm willing to assist you with
build problems (if they arise).

Jason