Perl 5.7.2 (GDB breaks in 1.3.3-2 on certain Win2000 machines )

John Peacock jpeacock@rowman.com
Thu Oct 11 06:28:00 GMT 2001

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> For the curious, the difference in this code that I thought might
> solve the problem was setting the ui variable to NULL prior to the
> second invocation of NetUserGetInfo.

Not that it is going to affect the bug that much but just setting the
ui variable to NULL is a memory leak.  According to the MSDN docs:

bufptr
  Pointer to the buffer in which the data set with the level parameter
  is stored. The returned buffer should be deallocated using the
  NetApiBufferFree function.

Even though it would be unusual that a failed call would allocate
anything in ui, it is possible that the malloc happens before the
actual call.  I would change

	ui = NULL;

	NetApiBufferFree( (LPVOID *)&ui);

(if my C coding is not too stale).