cannot exec as

Don Sharp dwsharp@iee.org
Sat Oct 13 13:14:00 GMT 2001

"Michael D. Crawford" wrote:

> Yes, it seems the way I've been using a single download to install to two
> computers is the problem.
>
> It fixed my problem to show the full listing in the installer, then select
> reinstall for each package (maybe it would be handy to have a quick way to force
> a full reinstall).

I believe if you remove /etc/setup/installed.db that a full install will
be called for, (no record of previous installation).

> What would you advise to be the best way to download to one machine but install
> on two machines?  My habit of never throwing anything away has me perpetually
> short on disk space so I don't want to duplicate the download files.

I have three machines all of which have access to each others filestore.
I do normal downloads to one machine and then install on the other
machines running setup and installing from the cygwin directory
containing latest and contrib directories. Works fine.

If you want to use a common directory structure, held on only one
machine, then you need the appropriate registry entries on each machine.
These are most easily created by doing a local directory setup on the
other machines after removing /etc/setup/installed.db before each
install. Thereafter, as long as you don't alter your mount points,
updating the master version should make the updates available to all the
machines.

I believe someone suggested a script approach which would just set up
the mount points. I can't remember whether it was published on the list.

HTH

Don Sharp