OpenSSH-2.9.9p2-1 sshd problem

Henry S. Thompson ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Tue Oct 16 05:56:00 GMT 2001


ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:

> I've just upgraded to cygwin 1.3.3-2 (from -1) and to
> OpenSSH-2.9.9p2-1 (from 2.9p2-3) and although ssh works fine, my sshd
> (installed with cygrunsrv) no longer works.  Note I do _not_ use
> ntsec, and I run with both 
> 
>   RSAAuthentication yes
> 
> and
> 
>   PasswordAuthentication yes
> 
> Changing those around sometimes yields a write failure, sorry I can't
> reproduce just now to get the exact message.
> 
> Below are level 1 debug outputs when I run sshd from the command line
> -- with level 0, I get
> 
>   ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
> 
> I'd be happy to provide any further debugging info which might help.

So courtesy of the WINSOCK/cvs fix, I was able to update and rebuild,
and the resulting cygwin1.dll solved the above problem.

Thanks again!

ht
-- 
  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of Edinburgh
          W3C Fellow 1999--2001, part-time member of W3C Team
     2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
		     URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list