1.3.3: Incorrect file size for 2GB+ long files

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 06:20:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:16:10PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>This is a known fault - you've overrun the 32-bit file length attribute,
>see the archives for '64 bit'. If you want it fixed, as there are no
>_current_ plans to address this in cygwin, you will need to do so
>yourself or arrange for someone (ie RedHat :]) to do it as paid
>consulting work.
>
>If you choose to do it yourself, I'm sure there are many willing
>commentators happy to point out what needs to be done and provide
>pointers if you get stuck.
>
>I'm also confident that a patch to do this (properly!) would be happily
>considered for inclusion - but as Chris Faylor is the project leader
>you'll need to see what he says.

Hrmh?  Wha?  What is this patch thing you're talking about?  You mean
like in blue jeans?  That kind of patch?

But, seriously, I'd love to have 64 bit support in Cygwin -- as long as
it didn't break 32 bit support.

cgf