FW: Problem running Java code that connects to a .dll via JNI

Seth Falcon x313 sfalcon@insightful.com
Wed Oct 17 10:45:00 GMT 2001

Trying to run a Java program that calls a .dll via JNI. The program runs
fine from cygwin-1.1.8-1 but when I run it from cygwin-1.3.3-2 I get:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x148312f1
Function name=(N/A)
Library= CORRECT_PATH_TO_MY_DLL_FILE

The code also runs fine from a dos command window. Any explanations,
suggestions would be appreciated. Would like not to have to revert to ver
1.1.8-1.

seth