Updated: gdb-20010428-2

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Sat Oct 20 14:45:00 GMT 2001

Guten Tag Christopher Faylor,

Am 2001-10-20 um 02:27 schrieben Sie:

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 01:39:32AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>Christopher Faylor schrieb am 2001-10-19, 18:33:
>>
>>>I've made a new version of gdb/insight available.
>>
>>It doesn't work if you have set CYGWIN=check_case:strict:

> Ok.  I'll fix this.  I hated seeing all of the upper case DLL names
> provided by Windows 95 but it if breaks strict case checking then
> I guess I'll have to live with this.

> Btw, you realize that CYGWIN=check_case:strict is likely to cause
> a real drag on cygwin performance, right?

I have serious problems here with the performance of my box, I suggest
check_case:strict was one part in the puzzle to increase it.
The box at my bureau is about two or three times faster mainly when
running e.g. configure.  I suggest a problem with harddisk IO or s.th.
related.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--