Apache/PHP Problem:CLOSE_WAIT sockets

Alvin Ng rebooting@hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:33:00 GMT 2001

>First of all, which cygwin version are you running?

I'm running on Cygwin 1.3.3, I usually update it to the lastest version.

>Does that meen the php script runs forever and does not output
>anything?

Tested like this:
gets HTML page from Apache : OK( Port closes)
gets plain PHP page from Apache: OK( Port closes)
gets simple PHP script that outputs PGSQL data (script outputs as
expected): CLOSE_WAIT

  The script executes the pgClose(database); statement.

>How did you see about CLOSE_WAIT states in sockets?
I did a netstat and also used a tool called ActivePorts from Smartline to
monitor the connections(the tool reports the process that is currently using
the port)

I installed the non-cgywin Win32 Apache from Apache Group and the win32 PHP
from php.net. Seems like there is no problem in this case, even when PHP
script is talking to the Cygwin PGSQL.

Anymore information needed?

-Alvin