OpenSSH on Cygwin... Ctl-C kills the session

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Oct 23 02:58:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 03:14:47AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Note that I solved this problem in a silly way:  by downgrading to
> OpenSSH 2.3.1p1.

That's not _that_ helpful for two reasons:

- Downgrading is really no solution since earlier version of
  OpenSSH have known vulnerabilities (as it's for nearly all
  projects).  So you're just putting your own system at risk.

- I can't reproduce that Ctrl-C, Ctrl-D weirdness with 2.9.9p2
  I tested it with CYGWIN=tty and CYGWIN=notty, using xterm,
  rxvt and console sessions.  I connected to a Linux and to a
  Windows box running sshd.  But to no avail.

So anybody having that problem has to track that down!

I still assume that it's somehow related to $TERM and the
termcap/terminfo setting on the remote machine unless somebody
can prove otherwise.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.