libc5

Privacy daedalus@inbox.ru
Thu Oct 25 19:10:00 GMT 2001

Hello!

      Sorry if i bother you with an idiot question, but this problem
      makes me feel sick :(((( i've spent a lot of time finding an
      answer if i am able to use "libc" library routines via cygwin.

      i am very interested in finding out the way to be able to use
      the following functions:
          res_query
          res_search
          res_mkquery
          res_send
          res_init
          dn_comp
          dn_expand
      via cygwin.

      i've tried to port libc5 to cygwin, but failed. there are too
      many problems and errors occured when i was trying to port all
      those libc5 package i've found over the Internet.

      i know there are special routines in WinSock, but i HAVE to use
      these libc functions!

      or, could anyone advice me the way to resolve MX records via dns
      that i may use in cygwin and BSD/linux at once.

      i would appreciate any concern!

--
Best regards,
 [Privacy]                          mailto:daedalus@inbox.ru