compiling snmp under cygwin

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Sun Oct 28 08:02:00 GMT 2001


On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 06:15:39PM +0300, egor duda wrote:
> nm> and I was wondering if you have managed to successfully compile
> nm> and and install snmp under cygwin 1.3.3.  Right now Iam trying to
> nm> install snmp Version 4.2.2 I was wondering how did u install snmp
> nm> was it a native install or did you actually install under cygwin?
> nm> Iam actually trying to install snmp under cygwin/Xfree86 which is
> nm> running under win2k. I would really appreciate if you could give
> nm> and tips or info on how to install snmp under cygwin. 

If by "snmp Version 4.2.2" you mean net-snmp 4.2.2, then it builds OOTB
under both Cygwin and Win32.  For Cygwin, see my attached build recipe --
note that make install is a little testy.  For Win32, use MS VisualStudio
and do the point and grunt thing.

Jason


More information about the Cygwin mailing list