SSH protocol 2 problem

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Mon Oct 29 13:01:00 GMT 2001


On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 01:41:01PM -0700, Colliver, Robert wrote:
> I've set CYGWIN to ntsec and gotten chmod to work.  I still get: 
> 
> Administrator@DRL1 /etc
> $ ssh -2 10.180.2.180  #working linux machine
> Permission denied (publickey).
> 
> Seems like all the documentation is related to getting sshd configured.  I
> don't care a whit about it.  I just want to establish a connection to
> another machine, not have people log into this one.  

So you did neither check the permissions of $HOME nor of $HOME/.ssh
nor did you run ssh in debug mode (the man page is your friend)?

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list