configuring com1:"stty: com1: unable to perform all requested operations"

Jurryt Pietersma j.pietersma@student.tudelft.nl
Wed Oct 31 02:55:00 GMT 2001

 Hi,

 I am trying to set the com1: serial port to a higher baudrate using the
following command:

 stty -F com1 38400

 This does not work and I get the following response:

 stty: com1: unable to perform all requested operations

 Can somebody help me out ?

 I am running Cygwin (re-installed today 31 Oct 2001) under Windows 2000
If I configure my serial port with a default baudrate of 38400 (using
windows device manager) stty still reports a baudrate 9600 after reboot.