Are G++ generated executables absolutely cygwin1.dll dependent?

David Carter david@carter.net
Mon Sep 10 03:12:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 08:15:10AM +0200, Bart Du Bois wrote:
> Greetingz,
>
> [Problem]
> I noticed that executables, generated by the GNU C++ Compiler (g++)
can

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> You need the DLL to get the whole POSIX functionality. If you're
> only using Win32 API calls you can build using the -mno-cygwin
> option.

Incomplete answer. Note Bart specifies he is using c++/g++. See recent
threads on this list concerning need for the mingw std c++ library, if
you're using -mno-cygwin with cygwin's g++.

If you're using gcc, and no posix functionality, then -mno-cygwin alone
is fine.

---
David Carter
david@carter.net