icecast-1.3.11 port to cygwin

Li-Kai Liu news@likai.net
Sun Sep 16 15:02:00 GMT 2001

i've been dealing with icecast on cygwin platform for a few months here,
and some time ago i've had a private branch of icecast-1.3.10 that can
compile under cygwin. however, cygwin prior to 1.3.3 has crippled
pthread support so icecast couldn't run as a native cygwin program.
luckily icecast can be configured to use win32 threads, so I modified
the build system to use mingw (and disable cygwin) when building
icecast. I was able to get a gcc compiled binary that functions the same
as win32 icecast.

after cygwin 1.3.3 has been released, i've also compiled the
icecast-1.3.11 source code as native cygwin proram. it now runs with
minor problems. most noticible is its inability to catch SIGINT from the
tty -- perhaps this does have something to do with pthreads -- and when
shutting down (from remote operator), it stackdumps when waiting for
other threads to finish up. if interested, I'd be glad to assist
debugging icecast on cygwin pthreads.

as for now, mingw icecast works great with no noticible defects. once
all cygwin-related problems are fixed (and if anyone is interested in my
business) I will put together what I have here and contrib.

liulk

ps. my branch of icecast-1.3.11 source code didn't receive many patches
... mostly bug fixes or corrections that are not cygwin-specific.