little bug Python source package

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Tue Sep 18 07:49:00 GMT 2001

Gerrit,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:59:07PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Just FYI:
> I use 'CYGWIN=check_case:strict' and that causes problems
> when extracting the cygwin-python source package:
>
> Python-2.1.1/Tools/world/world
> python-2.1.1/CYGWIN-PATCHES/
> tar: python-2.1.1/CYGWIN-PATCHES/: Cannot mkdir: Filename exists with different case

Oops!  Thanks for the bug report.  I'm in the process on packing
python-2.1.1-2 and will make sure not to repeat that mistake again.

<shameless plug>
BTW, python-2.1.1-2 will be my first distro to include threading (thanks
to Rob Collins and Greg Smith), tkinter (thanks to Norman Vine and Jeff
Epler), resource module (thanks to you), and pass *all* regression tests.
</shameless plug>

Jason