telnet/login doesn't work

Srinivas Kommu kommu@hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:03:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I saw the past few months' posts but couldn't get a solution. When I do a
telnet/ftp/login to my w2k box, I get the login prompt, but whatever
login/password I enter, it says "Login incorrect". I tried everything I
could: I read login.README, inetd.README. I set CYGWIN env variable to
"ntsec binmode tty"; I even set the registry variable. My inetd is installed
as LocalSystem; I tried running /usr/sbin/inetd -d from the command line. I
did a "mkpasswd -l >/etc/passwd" and my account is local (not an outside
domain). Is there something that I'm missing here? How do I debug this?

thanks!
kommu