safe to compile gcc-2.95.2 for cygwin with -O3?

Deno, Emerson Emerson.Deno@blackrock.com
Fri Sep 21 07:35:00 GMT 2001

hi i am working on a cross compiler from solaris to cygwin. everything
worked great and
i got my entire project to compile over (including X stuff with xfree86). to
speed the speed of the compiler
and my  programs, i used CFLAGS='-O3' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O3' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O3
-fno-implicit-flags' with the
make command. nearly all my programs work fine but some give a strange
errors when assigning a string to another string.
i could give more details but i'd rather just now if the -O3 flag is tested
with the gcc 2.95.2 libc and libcstdc++. if it isn't i'd just recompile
with -O2 or -O.
		thanks a lot and keep up the great work,
			emerson deno