//c - Ouch!

Keith Starsmeare keith_starsmeare@yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:32:00 GMT 2001

> I'm not suggesting that your idea is bad.  Indeed, it certainly does have
> merits.  However, like you, I wouldn't know where to put this so that it
> would address the need.

How difficult would it be to add a warning into setup? I must download that
code someday!!

> Also, I will say that I don't recall a single query on this list since
> the change that has indicated this is a major problem.  Everyone seems
> to be taking it in stride.

I'm worried that people won't realise why cygwin's suddenly going so slowly,
and they're too shy to post, or just not interested in joining the mail
list, and so they just plod on until they finally discover that //c no
longer means what it used to mean!

Keith