strange behavior regarding new cygwin 1.3.3 and cmd.exe

Danny Dulai danny@ishiboo.com
Fri Sep 28 11:32:00 GMT 2001

On 09/28/01, Alexander Gottwald said:
>On 28 Sep 2001, Danny Dulai wrote:
>
>> I didnt update any xfree components tonight, just Cygwin. My XFree
>> installation hasn't changed, only Cygwin has.
>
>Can you try running jam in a cmd window with bash (not in xterm). Do
>the windows still popup?

They do not :-(

ok, tracking this down to jam more, i find this:

how jam exec's the cmds is to create a temp batch file with the cmds in it,
and then on windows, it

on windows, it does a spawnvp(P_NOWAIT, ...) on the "cmd.exe /Q/S temp.bat"

messing around with this to make it a simpler test, I find this:

% cat foo.bat
echo foo
sleep 1

now, under a cmd.exe window, i get:

% ./foo.bat

C:\>echo foo
foo

C:\>sleep 1
%

under xterm, i get the same output, but also i get a cmd.exe window popup
with a title of 'sleep 1'.

is there a way to see which pkgs I updated last night? then i can try to
isolate the pkg that broke the xterm.