vim 6.0 & funny ^M

Alex Tang altitude@airflash.com
Fri Sep 28 11:55:00 GMT 2001

Hmmm...i'm not sure what's going on. If you save your .vimrc file as dos or
unix mode, VIM >should< be fine with it.  I've had my .vimrc file set both ways
without any problems.

When you installed cygwin, did you install the default filesystem as unix or
dos?  This could be a side-effect of installing as unix.  My installation uses
a dos default.  However, i'm pretty much guessing here, so someone with more
experience with the default file system type stuff may say i'm full of crap...

...alex...