Running GUI apps via SSHD and Cygwin X?

Andrew Markebo flognat@flognat.myip.org
Fri Sep 28 12:00:00 GMT 2001

Hmm you want run MS Windows applications on one windows 2000 box, and
look on them on another box, Windows/Unix/whatever..

X can't handle MSWindows windows, but VNC might be useful??
        http://www.tightvnc.com/
        http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Then you don't need xfree86

Or you want to run an X-application and show it on an windows 2000
machine somewhere else?

        /Andy

/ Scott Ehrlich <scott@ai.mit.edu> wrote:
| Hello to all:
|
| I have a remote Windows 2000 box I want to run GUI apps from (such as
| Netscape, UsrMgr, and anything else) and onto which I have successfully
| installed SSHD.
|
| >From the source machine with X capabilities, once I ssh in and send the
| display back my way, how can I run the GUI app?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Scott
|

| --

 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!