qmail-1.03: any volunteers?!

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Sun Sep 30 08:09:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp@familiehaase.de>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 12:57 AM
Subject: Re: qmail-1.03: any volunteers?!

> Robert Collins schrieb am 2001-09-29, 14:14:
>
> >I've attached a (somewhat rusty) patch kit for my implementation.
It's
> >currently broken - I started a little, errrm, virtual function bomb
> >approach when I didn't really grok what happens with HANDLEs and
fork().
> >(As I mentioned, no time yet to revisit). Theres also a bunch of crud
in
> >there from other partial projects. This working dir jsut recently got
> >put aside, and I've been cleaning things up.. not soon enough to make
> >life easy for anyone reviewing this (yet).
> >
> >I have done a quick and dirty touchup to the patch however. As a
result
> >you need to add fhandler_fifo.cc to Makefile.in. Lastly fifo.patch
was
> >generated in the winsup dir.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> /winsup/src/winsup/cygwin/fhandler_fifo.cc:25: host_dependent.h: No
such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [fhandler_fifo.o] Error 1
>
> is here with host_dependent.h s.th. important included?

See

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/Attic/hos
t_dependent.h?cvsroot=src&hideattic=0

Post 1.3.3 a change to win95/winnt detection was implemented.
host_dependent.h was part of that. You need to look at the changes to
other fhandlers (it was done as one big commit) and update fhandler_fifo
similarly.

Rob