stacktrace from withn an exec upon error condition

Christopher Faylor cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Apr 2 07:40:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 03:37:24PM +0200, Lassi A. Tuura wrote:
>There's been code in MSJ (Microsoft Systems Journal) ages ago by Matt
>Pietrek, in several articles.  Do a google search for "Pietrek
>stackwalk" for instance.
>
>http://iguana.cern.ch/lxr/source/IGUANA/src/Ig_Imports/classlib/src/debug.cxx#1099
>has stack trace code you can use on a large number of systems.  The
>library is GPL, drop me a mail if you want to use it.

Coincidentally enough, the stack walking code in cygwin drew some
inspiration from this.

I haven't looked at it recently, but I really doubt that the code would
deal with the stabs symbol table that gcc/gas/ld use and allow symbolic
representation of symbols.

The hints I gave in my previous email really are the best way to go on
this.

cgf