NcFTP Feature Request for "getline" (fwd)

Alan Dobkin Alan@ADobkin.Net
Tue Apr 2 13:34:00 GMT 2002

I am resending the attached request as it still applies
to NcFTP 3.1.3.  I am copying the Cygwin list, because
I've noticed a related bug in the current Cygwin version.

Consider an example with only the following two bookmarks:

RedHat Linux   --> FTP.RedHat.Com
RedHat Updates --> Updates.RedHat.Com

With the non-Cygwin Win32 version, tab completion
displays the bookmark list with only the second words:

ncftp> open <TAB><TAB>
    Linux    Updates

However, with the Cygwin version, tab completion repeats
the first word each time without displaying the list:

ncftp> open <TAB>
ncftp> open RedHat <TAB>
ncftp> open RedHat RedHat <TAB>
ncftp> open RedHat RedHat RedHat <TAB>

Unfortunately, I am not able to contribute any patches
myself, but hopefully this will not be a difficult fix
for someone who is already familiar with the source code.

Thanks,
Alan