ps command - revisited

Alan Dobkin Alan@ADobkin.Net
Tue Apr 9 21:56:00 GMT 2002

--On Wednesday, April 10, 2002 12:23 AM -0400 Christopher Faylor
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:59:08PM -0400, Alan Dobkin wrote:
>> I don't intend to submit a patch for this either, at least not
>> any time soon, but I would be happy to provide information and
>> testing for someone else who is willing and able to work on it.
>
> I presume that you aren't talking to me, but I'll make it clear
> one more time: I'm not interested in this in any way.

Correct - I was just making an open statement to anyone on the list.
Actually, I'm not that interested in it either, since I mainly use
ps to list Cygwin-specific processes and TLIST for Win32 processes.

> If I wanted to debug it, I'd look at the source and figure it out from
> there.  Voluminous details about behavior when you do/don't login via
> ssh are probably not required if you are actually debugging the problem.

Well, I thought ancillary information and testing results would be
useful to supplement the debugging, but all the better if it's not.

Alan