vim doesn't quite get backslash-separated paths right

Chris Metcalf metcalf@incert.com
Mon Apr 22 11:36:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Use the cygpath utility then.

This is awkward in the context of something like $EDITOR, which is spawned
off by some non-Cygwin program to run vim.  In this case you'd either need
to do a .bat file, or else a simple executable that ran cygpath and then
exec'ed vim.  The vim fix turns out to be basically a one-liner anyway.

I've pretty well fixed up everything I need to now, and Cygwin is humming
along very nicely.  Many thanks to the efforts of all those involved.
(BTW, I've got a modified bash.exe that doesn't pass ":" to readlist as a
word-break character if anyone would like a patch or a binary.)

                Chris Metcalf -- InCert Software -- 1 (617) 621 8080
                metcalf@incert.com -- http://www.incert.com/~metcalf