Problem using cygwin with ClearCase 4.1

Peter Buckley peter.buckley@cportcorp.com
Wed Apr 24 13:53:00 GMT 2002

Is your CYGWIN environment variable set to "ntsec"?

In my experience with Clearcase and cygwin, cygwin can do permissions on
NTFS, but has weird errors on things like MVFS and Samba shares. I would
not be surprised if TAS ran into similar weird permissions problems when
using cygwin. Have you tried creating the file with another command, like:

echo "" > file.txt

Does that result in the same permissions? Have you tried touching the
file and then chmod-ing it? Have you tried creating a view stored on the
windows box- does it have the same results?

HTH,
Peter