GNU emacs 21.2 ported (alpha) to Cygwin

Richard Campbell richard.campbell@air2web.com
Fri Aug 2 15:04:00 GMT 2002

>I'll uninstall Xaw3d and restart from scratch.

No problems that time.

The no x version appears to be more than just terminal entries;

I switched my TERM variable to vt100 and tried that instead of 'cygwin', and

the emacs process (although everything looked clean, and I could see what I
expected to see of loading screens, etc) spiraled into an infinite
loop.

Also tried telnetting into the box with the default winnt telnet, and
again, under vt100 everything looked perfect until after the loading
completed,
and then the emacs process spiraled into an infinite loop.

-Richard Campbell.